Building close up

Curricular Requirements

If you’re a transfer applicant to the University of Pennsylvania, you must apply to one of Penn’s four undergraduate schools: the College of Arts and Sciences, Penn Engineering, the School of Nursing, or the Wharton School.

Transfer applicants aren’t eligible for coordinated dual-degree or specialized programs, except Digital Media Design. All four undergraduate schools are academically rigorous and have their own requirements and policies. As you consider the different schools, review all options to be sure that you’re applying to the one that best matches your personal and academic achievements and goals.

Official approval of transfer credit takes place after matriculation and must be granted by the department from which you are seeking credit. Specific information about courses can be found on each department’s website and is available in the Course Register.

Remember to make your choice carefully: If you’re admitted to a specific school within the University of Pennsylvania as a transfer applicant, you won’t be eligible to transfer between schools.