PEEP 2019 will take place from Sunday, October 13th through Tuesday, October 15th.
The application will be available on this page in early August.
Before high school seniors across the country finalize their college lists and submit their college applications, the Admissions Office hosts a 3 day, 2 night preview of the academic and social life at the University of Pennsylvania. Students invited to the Penn Early Exploration Program (PEEP) will have all costs associated with food, housing, and transportation to Philadelphia fully sponsored by Penn Admissions.
- To highlight the unique academic pathways, support network and social atmosphere at Penn, an Ivy League institution
- To demonstrate how Penn’s affordability and grant-based financial aid allows students to study what matters to them
- To provide practical advice students can use to strengthen their college applications to highly selective institutions
Students involved in community-based organizations that focus on increasing access to higher education are encouraged to apply. Programming will feature content that may be of particular interest to students from historically underrepresented groups. Given Penn's firm commitment to enrolling a talented and diverse class, we are specifically seeking students:
- Graduating from a U.S. high school this year
- From a low-income background or who will be the first in their family to attend a 4-year college
- Demonstrating high academic achievement and/or leadership
- Interested in studying liberal arts, business, engineering, and/or nursing
Contact your desired recommender before you apply. Revisit this page in late July for a link to the document to share with your teacher, counselor, mentor, or community-based organization adviser to request a recommendation. Trust us, the additional time for them to prepare will be much appreciated!
Type and save your essay in separate document before beginning the application, so you can easily upload it when you're ready.
Keep in mind that space is limited for this program, and the Penn Early Exploration Program decision will have no impact on your potential undergraduate admission to the University of Pennsylvania.
*Please note you will not be able to save & return to this form once you begin
- Unofficial Transcript or Report Card (showing final grades for all courses)
- Cumulative GPA
- Class rank (if applicable)
- Senior year course schedule High School Profile
- SAT, ACT, PSAT, or Pre-ACT (PLAN) scores
*Activities list and/or optional resume
Letter of Recommendation
*Please provide the name & email address of your recommender
Upon establishing the University of Pennsylvania, our founder, Benjamin Franklin, stated that, "the great aim and end of all learning is service to society." With Franklin's mission in mind, we are interested in learning about your academic interests – what they are, and why they excite you – and how you envision shaping your college experience to enable you to impact society.
*Up to 650 words
- Undergraduate School (The College of Arts & Sciences, The School of Engineering and Applied Science, The Wharton School (of Business), or The School of Nursing)
- Optional Coordinated Dual Degree program (if you are seriously considering pursuing two full undergraduate degrees at once, note which one)
*Check out our programs of study