Penn Early Exploration Program (PEEP)
Penn Admissions will fully sponsor students accepted to this program, which includes all costs associated with food, housing, and transportation.
PEEP will allow students to gain a first-hand experience with the academic and social atmosphere at Penn as they continue to hone their college lists. The three goals for this program are:
- To allow students to explore the interdisciplinary academic paths at Penn
- To help students strengthen their applications to highly selective institutions
- To inform students about Penn's grant-based financial aid program
Given Penn's firm commitment to enrolling a talented and diverse class, we are specifically seeking seniors who are from low-socioeconomic backgrounds and/or historically underrepresented groups, including African-American, Latino, Native American, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian. Interested students from other backgrounds are welcome to apply. The ideal candidates would be those who are academically high achieving, have demonstrated leadership, and are interested in either studying the liberal arts, business, engineering, and/or nursing.
PEEP 2017 will take place from Sunday, October 8 through Tuesday, October 10, 2017. The application is now live. Review the information below, and we encourage you to click here to begin your application before 5:00PM, September 8, 2017 (the complete application must be submitted by 11:59PM).
Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari - If you have technical trouble and are using Internet Explorer, please try another browser.
Please prepare the following information to submit with your application to PEEP:
- High school guidance counselor name & e-mail address, and high school mailing address
- Unofficial HS transcript, cumulative GPA, senior course schedule, class rank/decile
- Standardized test scores
- (Optional) Resume, if you have one.
- Determine which of Penn’s four undergraduate schools you are most interested in learning more about (click link for list of that school’s programs): The College of Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Wharton School (Business), and the School of Nursing.
- (Optional) If you are seriously interested in a Coordinated Dual Degree, determine which one.
- Short Essay*:Please describe an activity that is important to you and how you have demonstrated leadership through your involvement. (up to 100 words)
- Essay*: Upon founding the University of Pennsylvania, our founder, Benjamin Franklin, stated that "the great aim and end of all learning is service to society." With Franklin's mission in mind, we are interested in learning about your academic interests – what they are, and why they excite you – and how you envision shaping your college experience to enable you to impact society. (up to 650 words)
- Recommendation**: Name, title/position, school/organization and e-mail address of the teacher, guidance counselor, or community-based organization advisor who will provide a recommendation for you.
* Save your essays before pasting them into the application.
** Before you apply, please send this link or forward this attachment to the counselor or teacher you will be asking to write a recommendation for you.
If you have additional questions about PEEP, please e-mail us.