Our program will prepare you for global leadership in technology-based fields and beyond through an understanding of technology management, teamwork, communication, and ethics. Your hands-on, collaborative learning experience will include exposure and immersion in world-class research labs and centers led by the world’s preeminent scholars.
Penn offers two degree programs: the Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE), the flagship program for professional engineers and computer scientists, and the Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS), offering students more flexibility in combining engineering science and technology with interests beyond engineering.
Our strong interdisciplinary culture will encourage you to combine a first-rate engineering education with other fields such as business, medicine, law, liberal arts, social science, and natural science.
In applicants to the School of Engineering and Applied Science, we would like to see:
- An ability to innovate, design, and practically apply scientific discoveries
- Expressed reasons for pursuing an engineering education
- Strong preparation in physics and mathematics, particularly calculus
Coordinated Dual-Degree, Accelerated and Specialized Programs
If you have focused academic interests, you can apply to programs that will enable you to earn more than one degree as you delve deeply into a specific area of interest. Learn more about all programs here.
Those programs that include a degree with Penn Engineering include:
- M&T: The Jerome Fisher Program in Management and Technology
- VIPER: The Roy and Diana Vagelos Integrated Program in Energy Research
- DMD: Digital Media Design Program
- NETS: The Rajendra and Neera Singh Program in Networked & Social Systems Engineering