November 1, 2019
January 5, 2020
$75 or fee waiver for those who qualify.
- Common Application or Coalition Application & Penn-specific Essay
- Official High School Transcript
- Must be submitted directly from the school
- School Report
- Counselor Recommendation
- Academic Teacher Evaluations (2)
- Early Decision Agreement (only if applying for Early Decision)
- Mid-Year Report
- Early Decision: Required February 15, 2020 if student is deferred
- Regular Decision: Must be submitted directly by the school as soon as mid-year grades are available
- Final Report
- Required in June for matriculating students
- Early Decision: Last Test Dates Accepted—October 2019 (ACT) or November 2019 (SAT)
- Regular Decision: Last Test Dates Accepted—December 2019 (ACT) or December 2019 (SAT)
- Early Decision: Last Test Dates Accepted—November 2019
- Regular Decision: Last Test Dates Accepted—December 2019
Penn will review self-reported SAT and ACT test scores from first year applications attending high schools in the United States. Recruited athletes and students attending high schools outside of the U.S. are required to submit official testing through the appropriate testing agency or University-approved source.
Notification of Decision
- Early Decision: Mid-December
- Regular Decision: By April 1, 2020
Admitted Student Reply/Enrollment Confirmation
- Early Decision: January 8, 2020
- Regular Decision: May 1, 2020
The University of Pennsylvania reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.
No student who has been denied admission under any of our decision plans may apply again to any undergraduate division of the University in the same academic year.