International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) provides comprehensive immigration services and integration support to Penn's international student and scholar communities. Committed to helping students make Penn and Philadelphia home, ISSS provides international students the support they need by developing programming and initiatives that:
- enhance cross-cultural connections and reduce cultural gaps
- increase access to campus resources and opportunities for international students
- bring to the forefront the strengths of a diverse international student and scholar population
- build intercultural initiatives that grow Penn as an inclusive community
The goals of ISSS are:
- To advance global engagement at the University of Pennsylvania and affiliated hospitals by offering inclusive, innovative, and impactful immigration and integration services.
- To support Penn’s ability to educate, train, and hire the best and brightest international students, scholars, staff, and faculty by providing immigration and intercultural expertise.
- To deliver relevant and informed programming initiatives to create an inclusive global community at Penn.